Professor: Trond Jacobsen
- CRN 12791: Friday, 09:00 - 10:50 @ CHA 101
- CRN 12794: Thursday, 16:00 - 17:50 @ CHA 101
Thesis Prospectus (2 credits) guides student work with a primary thesis advisor to develop a prospectus and timeline for thesis work throughout the year. Students present prospectuses orally to the class, with primary thesis advisors present. Course requirements include submitting a revised Thesis Prospectus and completing a Graduation Audit. Thesis Prospectus is graded Pass/No Pass.
NOTE: HC 477— Thesis Prospectus requires preauthorization before each term and entails a completed Thesis Prospectus Application using the online form in http://forms.uoregon.edu with a one-page outline of your thesis idea and a one-page bibliography attached, which is then automatically routed to the Primary Thesis Advisor for signature, then to the Academic and Thesis Programs Manager for preauthorization.
Complete the online Thesis Prospectus Application form, available on the CHC Canvas site, only after formulating, in collaboration with a primary thesis advisor in the major, the outline of a thesis project. The Academic and Thesis Programs Manager requires the form by Friday of Week 6 of the current term, prior to a given term’s initial registration period. Enrollment is based on a first-come, first-served basis. Space is limited.
• Students who need to submit an application from abroad should email the Academic and Thesis Programs Manager.
• Students who do not file applications in a timely manner are asked to take Thesis Prospectus the following term.
• Address questions about the thesis process to your CHC advisor.
• Address questions about Thesis Prospectus enrollment to the Academic and Thesis Programs Manager.