Congratulations! You're admitted
Look out for an information packet from CHC in April. In the meantime, you'll find our New Student Events Calendar helpful. You can also use the Registrar's month-by-month guide to stay on track.
Accept your CHC offer
Before June 1, complete the CHC Response form in your application status portal.
Confirm your intent to attend UO
Before June 1, submit your Intent to Register at the university with your $200 advance tuition deposit by the date listed on your form. Also, check your email for IntroDUCKtion information.
Get advising help & plan schedules
During summer, students need to claim DuckIDs, set up UO email, and register for IntroDUCKtion to access advising.
- If you declared a major when you applied to UO, you will be assigned an advising team that specializes in your major during IntroDUCKtion.
- If you haven't declared a major yet, you will meet with a member of the CHC advising team during IntroDUCKtion. When you start your first term, you can meet with the University's Office of Academic Advising.
- All CHC students will have regular access to the CHC’s First-Year Advising Team when their first term starts.
Take part in IntroDUCKtion
IntroDUCKtion is the summer orientation program for new students and their families to become acquainted with the University of Oregon and the Clark Honors College.
- During our Summer Drop-in Hours, we invite incoming students and parents to stop by Chapman Hall take a self-guided walk through the CHC’s academic home.
- Additional orientation programs for parents and families are available throughout the summer.
Check back for IntroDUCKtion 2024, Summer Drop-in Hours, and Parent and family orientation dates and information.
Tour our New Residence Hall
Most first-year CHC students choose to live in the Honors College RC. However, you do not have to live in the CHC RC. Some honors college students choose instead to participate and live in one of the many other RCs offered by the UO. Even if you don't live at New Residence Hall, you still are a member of the CHC RC and can participate in all the honors college events that take place there.
CHC Move-In Day and New Student and Family Reception (September 26, 2024)
Families are invited to join their student for a reception on McCaslin Lawn.
More information about Unpack the Quack, UO's move-in day, may be found on at the University Housing Move-in Page.
Attend New Student Welcome
Join us for a gathering in which you get to meet Peer Mentors, deans, faculty and of course, other new students.
Read all about CHC New Student Welcome events on our New Students Event Calendar.
Please complete, sign, and scan the CHC Talent Release Form and send it to: email@example.com by September 23.
Week of Welcome (Dates TBD)
Information about the week of fun activities to help new students transition to life as a Duck will be available on the UO Orientation website.
Clark Honors College kicks off the week with its own activities and events for new students, including crafting, exploring the Eugene community, and more. Information will be shared via email.